View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: NL 50 After 22k hands AK is my biggest loser. HELP!!!

Just a quick reply for now. Uncle, I agree. This forum is for learning, so people posting "you're terrible" is less than useless.

That being said, from a quick glance, I noticed some things.

1. Continuation betting is fine, but if you raise with AK in position and miss the flop entirely, then someone bets a pot sized bet into you, you really need to fold. I think you can avoid a lot of trouble with this.

2. Continuing with #1, generally, if they bet into you, you don't raise them just because you think they're weak. Sure, you can do this once in awhile based on a read/stats, but in general, I think this is spew.

3. Hand #10 - you have ace high. You played it well up to the river. I like the flop cbet for a fold and to build the pot. Turn, oop, you check and he bet small, giving you good odds. Calling was good. River? Check call with ace high? You can beat practically nothing at that point.

Think of it this way. Betting preflop with AA and KK, and then getting all in on the flop can be dangerous since a lot of the time you get raised/CR, you are against a big hand, like a set, or maybe someone semi-bluffing with a draw. But, you still have an overpair, which makes you a favorite against part of their range, and gives you value at showdown.

In you hands, you have ace high. See the difference? You're almost playing your AK like it's AA/KK, except you've totally missed. Even if he's getting creative with a small pair, or a draw, you are still a big underdog, so fold.

Hope this helps!

friedace