View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 11:32 AM

Default How to play NLH headsu sng when the blinds reach 50/100 (5-10 dollar)?

I have had trouble adjusting my game to this blind level. Lets say the starting stacks are 1500 and both of the players have just about their 1500. I know this is the stage where the hand values go up, but first of all, how will i adjust my range? I hate to lose with that K7 offsuit crap. Also. In my opinion, its not wise to call all ins in this stage either unless u have like a decent pair or or an high ace (AK-AQ and hope that i have my opponent dominated). I hate to push with weak aces cause usually u get called by a better ace or a pair and then i'm are 2 to 1 underdog. Is it right to start to go all in or raise instead. And if i still raise, is it minraise or 3xbb? theres not much to play if he calls and usually when he does, there not much for me to play well after the flop. If the player is decent, what range of hands will i usually get a call from if i push in these low limits. Winning players, enlight me. Sometimes i find myself in this situation cause the player is weak tight and i dont get any action at first to my strong hands either, but if i get too agressive, he of course starts to call with extremely marginal hands. i prefer agressive opponents but i would also appreciate advice how to beat those weak tights on the long run. Is it just bounce bounce bounce like they say or what. Do i start to play agressive at the beginning
and hope that my opponent gets frustrated?