View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 11:30 AM

Default For OLP only: A Stack-Management Strategy for NLHE

As everyone knows, one of the appeals of OLP is that you can multitable. A related benefit that I have not seen discussed, however, is switching tables in order to reduce your stack size. The situation I am thinking of is you buy in for your standard amount, hit some big pots and suddenly have a huge stack. For whatever reason, you decide you don’t want to have this entire stack at risk. Now, if you leave the table you have to wait a half hour (at least on the site I play) in order to rejoin the table with a different stack size. My idea is that, given the many additional tables available, you simply leave the big-stack table and start again on a new table with your desired buy-in.

Am interested in thoughts on this. Please note, there are two separate considerations (both of which are fair game for this thread-but it would help if you bore these differences in mind): (a) assuming the stack-reduction strategy IS the desired one, what do you think; (b) Strategically, what are the consideration in wanting to avoid playing with too deep a stack?