Thread: 3:10 To Yuma
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 04:51 AM

Default Re: 3:10 To Yuma

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised and puzzled that you and Zeno liked it so much. ~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I like to read Espinoza, does that surprise you also.

[/ QUOTE ]
How could it? Espinoza is another one of those guys I'd have to Google to figure out who he is and what he has done.

[ QUOTE ]
In fact it would have been very quirky to have Bale quote from Espinoza’s Ethics instead of from the Bible, or perhaps some Shakespeare. The old west was rife with theatrical companies and many towns had theaters or performances were in the open air or under tents etc. So having Bale spew out some rancid Shakespeare would be very realistic.

[/ QUOTE ]
That part was OK. The part I had to suspend belief (outside of the last ten minutes) was letting such a dangerous guy (Bale) wear handcuffs with enough slack so he could have played wide receiver for the Oakland Raiders.

[ QUOTE ]
Aside from the comments of Andy and Borodog, I will a few of my own. It is no sin to enjoy a movie that many others don’t think well of - If sin is the right word and I hope it ain't. Anyway, all the bitching about the ending and most of the other complaints are all hot air in my opinion (though no movie is perfect of course). And why have an ending that satisfies? Isn’t that the way most movies end, almost cliché like? Life never satisfies most people so why expect it in a movie.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sin isn't the right word. And life sometimes satisfies, but maybe not my own so much.

[ QUOTE ]
Hope you are doing well Rick. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm waiting for Armageddon like most of us. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

~ Rick