View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: KQs in BB unopened pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ignoring the multitudes of things STILL wrong with your post

[ QUOTE ]
Without stoving I would guess that our preflop raise is worth around 1SB. And we basically must hit flop to realize that 1SB

[/ QUOTE ]

No. We 'realize' that one SB every time. We might need to hit the flop to collect, but if it's a +1 SB raise, that means raising is +1sb every time. The amount we actually win or lose from that point is just variance. In what possible scenario do you imagine making back that 1 SB PER HAND if we don't raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can´t possibly go through all million post-flop possibilities. But in the OP SB donks with a probable inferior hand which he most likely would not have done otherwise.

If you don´t hit flop the following things are more likely going to happen to you than to any other player in the hand.

1.You are folding the best hand.
2.You´re folding before a turn and/or river card hit that would have helped you win the hand.

These things means that a large part of your preflop hot and cold equity is vanishing because you´re not going to showdown and therefore can´t realize it.
That 1 SB is just a theoretical value and it DOES NOT mean that it is worth 1SB every time, unless you´re the worst showdown monkey ever. Hot and cold equity only measures hand strengths between hands that are played to showdown.

I also think that it is much easier to make costly mistakes coming in on flop and/or turn UI with the initiative.
Playing fit or fold against these players seems more right to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a lot of writing, seriously, you are wrong here, it's ok. PF is terrible.