View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]

If you're assuming he's catching network traffic off the one central router that sends it to everyone, we go back to the original problem: it would be sending the traffic to *everyone* connected to Absolute. Why can't he see multiple tables? If computing power is the limitation, botnets aren't hard to come by and off the shelf P4's are even easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, computing power is not hard to come by - but he was rumbled pretty darn quick. Also, it may be due to the computing power of the device that that has been comprimised, if he must re-program it to send packets matching $name_of_table, it may not be able to do more than one.

Still, I'm probably cluching at straws here...

Just seems with the mammoth greed and the chip-dumping for cashout of small percentage of winnings - does not jive with inside job for me - outside hacker/disgruntled employee are far and away my favourites for this.

[ QUOTE ]

Why? What else would it need that we would notice?

[/ QUOTE ]
When a suspect player could be playing up to 6 tables - Why would a "pit-boss" be limited to observing 1/6 of the suspect's play?

And surely a super-user "pit-boss" account would track players by screenname, not by table name - thus the lag while changing / typing in table name would not occur?