View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
but it is almost certain that *all* table traffic passes trough at least one managed switch and at least one router, no matter where on the planet the players may be. I'd imagine in reality there are many more network devices along the way before the traffic gets split on it's way around the world.

FWIW, I am quite inclined to agree with the "disgruntled employee" theory - but I am sure this is not a super-user account, and more a network security compromise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're assuming he's catching network traffic off the one central router that sends it to everyone, we go back to the original problem: it would be sending the traffic to *everyone* connected to Absolute. Why can't he see multiple tables? If computing power is the limitation, botnets aren't hard to come by and off the shelf P4's are even easier.

[ QUOTE ]
A legit "pit-boss" super-user account would surely have far more power than observation of a single table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? What else would it need that we would notice? It might have the power to, say, disconnect somebody, or make notes to expedite cashouts from certain other accounts named romnaldo (now *that's* an interesting feature it makes some sense to think about), but what else 'interesting' would it be possible to do with it?