View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: I Lost Track of This Post....But Here I Go

Chips, thanks for the detailed responses.

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a poll of Iraqis.

Invasion was wrong 63%
Oppose presence of coalition forces in Iraq 79%

Directly on point
About 90 percent of Iraqis feel the situation in the country was better before the U.S.-led invasion than it is today

[/ QUOTE ]

I always take polls with a grain of salt until I know exactly what was asked of the participants, because I've seen various polls on various issues with a heavy slant on the questions to produce desired results. Not saying that is the case here, but I've seen it happen with various polls over the years to become skeptical unless I see the exact questions polled in addition to the results.

For example, I'm sure a similarly high percentage of Iraqi respondents would poll that they were happy Saddam is out of power, depending on how the wording of the question is presented.

Any chance the material shows the exact questions asked during these polls? I couldn't find it explicitly stated in the links upon cursory review.

Also, I know this might be asking a lot, but is there any historic poll as to Iraqi sentiment at the beginning of the invasion, in so much as it could have been much higher as it was stateside, and has slowly eroded due to fatigue and other factors?