View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: The story of six

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, happy to hear that thomas won't be playing (hopefully he feels better though)...

come on guys, way to early pass judgement on brick, give him some time, he may just be a bit slow at adjusting...

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I being hard on him? Yes. I expect good play out of our 4th overall pick, not to be physically dominated by 250 lb linebackers (Suggs)

[/ QUOTE ]

Suggs had 3 solo tackles with one assisted tackle and no sacks. That is not a physically dominant statline.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I don't really need stats to see how Brick played as I watched the game twice. Brick looked bad; the pocket collapsed on his side many times. In addition, he doesn't really do anything to help out the running game. He really needs to put on 15 lbs, it sucks that LT is really the only position he can play on the line at this moment.

The O-line played terribly as a whole (except for Mangold who is a beast, and the one play where Clarke recovered the fumble) but I guess that's to be expected. The jailbreak blitzes caused too many problems and Clemens couldn't get rid of the ball in time.

BTW Degenerasian = me

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny how people can watch the same game and see the exact opposite.

First off it was probably the worst game I have ever seen Mangold play. Much of the pressure came in the middle, there were several plays that were busted because of pressure there.

As far as the pocket breaking down you can thank Clarke for that. How many times did Brick have to account for two guys coming through.

I pay particular attention to the O-line as do several other Jet fans that I know.(I mentioned other Jet fans because they came to the same conclusion.) I just do not see how anyone can watch that game and come away saying the line woes are because of him. I am defending him in this instance because I can not see how anyone can say he sucks and then say Mangold had a good game on Sunday. The problem both are having right now is compensating for the empty space between them. Yes Clarke is an empty space.

I am not saying Mangold sucks or anything because I think the exact opposite. However his game was poor this Sunday and the tape bears that out.

Also when Suggs was coming off the left side he was not a factor at all in the game. You can say what you want about stat lines but if it buoyed your argument I am sure you would not hesitate to use them.

I guess we agree to disagree which is cool. Except the 15 pound poor run blocking part.

He is going to be a more than adequate LT especially when he matures and puts on that weight. The main problem right now (with Mangold too) is compensating for the load of crap, commonly referred to as the other 3 guys on the OL.