View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: not really a big lay down, right?

Preflop I don't like min 4-bet. I think just calling the 3-bet PF is fine and c/r-ing or bet/3-betting any non-A flop. A pot-size raise to $6.50 or so is also fine. I assume min 4-bet is a pot sweetener and you want him to call, but such a small raise gives him odds to call and play for set value. I prefer giving him bad implied odds to call with a pp.

As played bet at least $6 on flop. Your <1/2 psb makes you look really weak and like you completely missed. Then, when you check turn, you look even weaker, since you seem afraid of the A. Betting more on flop helps define his hand. If he calls a 3/4psb on the flop, then checking the turn is okay, because he has shown that he really likes his hand, but with your small bet, he can easily put you on AK or something and float with lots of hands hoping you'll give up when called, and you don't narrow his range much when he calls such a weak bet.

You have to wonder what he is 3-betting PF with PFR of 10. His range can't be much more than TT+ and AK. When he calls the flop, I put him on JJ, QQ or AK. Maybe AA, though I would think he would raise PF or on the flop with AA. Maybe TT (though I don't know if he would 3-bet that PF).

When he checks behing on Turn, I figure AK/AA are not likely, so it's TT-QQ.

When he raises River, JJ seems most likely.

So by raising so small PR and c-betting so small, you don't define how strong your hand is enough to scare him off. This is compounded by being OOP. I think you need to play stronger PF or on the flop.

Oh, I just saw the title again. I don't think it is a big laydown. I don't know what he could play this way that you beat.