View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: How much does someone make for being sponsored by a poker site?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So if Hachem was signed for seven million, then how much did they sign Negreanu for? It would obviously be more unless Negreanu was unaware of the amount Hachem made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Negreanu hasn't just won the WSOPME, whilst people within the poker community could argue he has achieved more than JH, Joe Public doesnt know this, thus JH was/is far more marketble.

Also worth considering is that nowadays, PokerStars has far less competition for its business than pre the US banning online gambling. So I would assume they are less inclined to spend big $$$ on name players to attract new business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Negreanu may be the most marketable player in the game right now, with Ivey and Hellmuth the competition. Educated guess says Daniel gets less than Joe did for his title year but as much or more than Joe now. If I actually knew the numbers though, I wouldn't make the comment.

On why Fossilman doesn't weigh in here, I don't see much incentive for him to tell people what he's making or how it compares to his colleagues.