View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: 25/50 Live Flopped Flush

I have a question.

Online, if I have my usual aggro image, this is an insta-call. Villain has higher flush maybe one in five, sucks out on a high-card flush draw one in 5, and the rest of the time loses with some other hand.

With these old fellas, why would they want to chase the rest of your money out with AI if they have the higher flush?

Of course the guy told you it was a good fold. But I can't imagine ever shoving on the flop with a higher flush, unless I'm sure you will shut down if I just call your bet. I want ALL your money, so I'm going to squirm and wriggle and look as conflicted as possible and call your flop raise, try to suck more out of you later. Most times I get it all.

If these guys are really that bad, I'll be sure to look for them.

As far as the few seconds to decide, if this guy has been playing a long time, he's likely made this move many times before, and he knows you'll be more scared if he makes it quickly. I tend to bet quickly and casually when I'm on a bluff against a stronger hand live against older players. I agree the "how much is it?" is likely part of the bluff.

It's hard to flop a flush. You are getting odds on a flopped flush. I bet he had Kings or Aces, and he really thinks you made a good fold because you shouldn't have been in the pot with ur rag hand anyway.

I've played with plenty of old guys, some who almost never bluff unless it is completely obvious, but never seen one who wanted to chase someone away from going up against the nuts. Even if he thinks you ARE crazy, why take a chance of scaring you off when he has you on the hook?