View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: I am bad at addition

Someone PM'd me with a few questions and told me to recheck my Week 2 thread for a dumb maths mistake. Thanks for the heads-up.

There is a blatant error on my part in that thread, as I 2bl counted the Oregon win as 2 wins, stupidly. Absolutely my fault, no excuse even if I was drunk, I should have simply written down all the picks on each side of the W/L column instead of doing it on-screen at midnite, and done it sober. Lesson learned.

My apologies to everyone, and my sincere thanks to the board for pointing it out.

The loss on the donk parlay, was, in fact, specifically noted by me in that thread:
'and a -0.1 loss on the donk parlay...'

The Utah add’tl vig in undoing and redoing that bet was included, because the bets are to win 1u net [if 1unit is the size]. The risk was the -105 vig on the +15.5 line + the prior vig that I had to recoup. Utah covered, and it was recouped for a NET win of 1u. Like most posters, I don’t risk 1u to win .95238 or .9091 on ATS bets.

It has apparently been claimed that I am 0-2 ML instead of 0-1.

The only ML bet I can remember making or find in the past 3 weeks college FB is Arkansas, so I am fairly certain 0-1 ML is correct.

So, apparently, I am not the only one at 2p2 that makes errors at basic maths. Does that make them a liar? Most of us would say no, right? I hope we don’t get a name-calling forum war next time a poster makes a math error or typo.

My record ATS should be 18-12, not 19-12, and 0-1 ML. Again, no excuse for 2bl counting Oregon as 2 wins.

Neither of those is indicative of *anything* in the long-term. Maybe if I somehow got to 180-120 by running hot, but virtually no one is capable of that without running 2 std devs above normal, and I doubt I am that lucky. 54% for anyone is a huge winrate.

Yet another reason not to blindly follow anyone as Perf says, instead, learn how to handicap, or simply arb and middle if you are incapable of that. Pushing ALL-IN on any one game will eventually lead to Busto!

edit: I should also thank the person who found the error in my record. Thanks.