View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Bellagio, Venetian, or Wynn

Played at Venetian & Wynn 2 wks ago. Only got to V at 10PM on a Sun night, but options were pathetic for mid-stakes limit. Two 4/8 tables, neither were full. Combined within 30 mins, and then the only open one broke after another hr. No 8/16 to be seen and floor told me it hardly ever ran anymore. Totally contradictory to what I had read on allvegaspoker.com the wk before I left.

Was obv not satisfied so took the hike to Wynn. No crossing over to TI and back necessary. You can walk in front of the construction site now...still took around 15 mins tho. Only one 15/30 game going at W, full table, 2nd on the WL. Got in after 10 mins...originally, a decent game. Many ANNOYING regulars, though, especially one loud-mouthed &*!@#$ who wouldn't shut-up. Both were threatened by the PB to shut-up or leave after we went at it when I had had enough, but that finally got him to calm down as a result. Anyway, down to 6 handed at around 2AM, I'm the only non-regular there. I play til 9AM. The same 6 for virtually the entire 6-handed session, with the exception of one donktastic spewtard, a supposed NL regular, who decided it would be fun to blind-raise or straddle PF EVERY SINGLE HAND, regardless of position, for around 4 orbits (not an exaggeration). A limp re-raise was done on him too many times to remember. He dropped 2K in < 90 mins.

Anyway, grinded away a 14BB win and finally decided to leave realizing I had a 5 hr drive ahead of me and had yet to sleep/checkout. Last hand...put a river beat on the loudmouth and headed out after taking a leak. Figured it would be aard to beeat that feeling.

Cliff Notes: V sucked for me, W was OK but full of locals, and I had the most fun donking around at 4/8 at Caesar's and (gasp) Rio (where I stayed). I cannot stand Bellagio. Mirage has always been OK, and is where I'll probably target next (along w/ the regulars at W, if I'm so lucky).