View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Miracles in Islam

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most Christians don't follow Islam so I doubt they feel left out...The bible says to focus on Christ and his teachings...

[/ QUOTE ]

But the Q'uran is based on newer miracles, rather how the New Testament fine-tuned the old testament and changed a lot of it's claims to allegory and meaningful only in the ancient days. So, we know god cleans up every so often.
Why wouldn't christians look at this active, miracle-laden religion, that recognizes the existence of jesus, as the latest draft.

Sure, the bible says focus on christ, but before christ it said to focus on moses. God keeps updating, and Islam sure seems to fit the process, every so often he sends a new messenger/teacher/prophet.

Christians point to old miracles, muslims point to newer and even current ones. The sites are amazing with color pictures of trees, clouds, fish, almost anything you can think of with a message on it.

If everyone took your attitude the new testament wouldn't have been accepted. As a theist, shouldn't a person be on the lookout for new messages? He's sent them before.

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is so backwards its comical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean the time-line is reversed or ?
People do convert to Islam from christianity and I wonder if it isn't influenced by this 'modernization of the belief' approach. Christians did convert from Judaism on the 'News' view also. So it's certainly not unique.
I haven't been a christian for quite a while so I'm not sure how I would dismiss the Islamic update claim.

luckyme