View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: JJ in interesting capped pot situation against 2+2er....

[ QUOTE ]
kk have to agree that it's spew then, i think the call is bad too personally but its slightly better than folding, next time I will probably peel and fold ui.

Preflop: 2+2er is BB CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG raises, Hero 3-bets with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 folds, CO (poster) calls, 2 folds, 2+2er caps, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players)
2+2er bets, UTG folds, Hero raises, CO folds. 2+2er calls

Turn: (9 bb) A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

2+2er calls, Hero....

Totally a big surprise here. Sometimes you get lucky with a mistake. So now I know I am in for a check raise with AA if he thinks I have trip Kings, or he has AK and is afraid of the flush or more likely a set and just calls behind. The other choice is he has pocket QQ's. Can't think of much else he can hold.

Is there any point in betting, because now I am pretty sure I lost and probably am not good if he has Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Is there fold equity betting here against a 2+2er?

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point, you're stuck betting and hoping you don't get raised. Folding out QQ in a pot this large would be huge (notice QQ peels this flop because of the pot size and hopes to snag a Q -- and probably can't continue), and it's worth gambling. Getting check-raised would royally suck because he has KK a huge huge chunk of the time, but your second nut flush draw would likely be good and you've got to call the raise.

The only reason the bluff is now appropriate is because your play made him play in a way that narrows his hand range to things that might fold (flop call, turn check). You've played in a way to make the pot appropriate to bet at due to its size and villain's line. If you had just peeled the flop, you could have just folded the turn.