View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Do you think bots are cheating?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a bit of a fine line/slippery slope here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um no, It's really clear as day. Using a bot is against the rules of a poker site. It is cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe,

You missed the point of my post, and of Dave's I think, which is to ask the question of how much automated assistance is acceptable.

I do not think it is at all clear where on my list of six steps one crosses the line into bot territory.

Milesdyson says that you're using a bot once you don't have to do the clicking; but I don't agree that the only part of playing poker that must be done by a human is the clicking. If the computer does all the thinking, why is it okay just because a human does the clicking?

IMO the interesting part is selecting the right move, not clicking the button, so I believe that once a machine is recommending the move, you have a bot.

However, I cannot provide a clear cut distinction between that and using PAHUD, for instance. So in practical terms, you only have Milesdyson's criterion to work with.

I would be fairly surprised if you can't see that there are layers of fuzziness here.

Guy.