View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: NL50 - 6max - Bottom set, multiway pot. 200BB deep

I think this is a pretty easy push IMO. He seems aggro enough, so I doubt he's limping 66 UTG. If he is, well, more power to him. However, I think he shows up here too often with 56, or something like 78, 7h9h, 34s, or some big combo draw with like 13+ outs. Personally, I probably would have gotten it in on the flop. We are ahead of combo draws with our set. But calling is a viable option too. However, once we call, there is no way we are getting away from this hand, IMO. Unless the turn is like the 4 of hearts, in which case I still would have trouble folding this, having commited over a 3rd of effective stacks.

I think the turn card was ok for us. It's not great, as it completes a bunch of straights, so if he's playing like 74 or 42 of hearts, he just hit jackpot. Nevertheless, it wasn't a heart and that's what's most important. I think this is a fairly easy spot to push in.

If he had 66, well, that's poker. I don't see many spots where I'll lay down a set because I think the person has another set. Set over set isn't that common, and it's rare to figure out you are in a situation like that by the time you are still able to fold. 200 deep or not.

So yeah, shove.