View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Hop on the Criticism Train

[ QUOTE ]
can you type up a HH for this hand too??

[/ QUOTE ]

I played it really bad because A) the guy was completely awful and prone to overplaying/bluffing hands B) I, like I said a few posts up thought he had AA/AK and he seemed like a guy who was clearly awful at poker (obvious to everyone at the table) but seemed like he would possibly be able to get off AK because the board was truly awful.

Anyway I'm UTG with around $400, I raise to $8 with JJ, guy next to me in middle position makes it $16, folds back to me I call. Villain has $400 himself.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I lead $35, he doubles it to $70 (it was some minraise, maybe I lead $30 he made it $60), I decide to call because I didn't have a spectacular read on the guy and thought he might be able to fold AK if I shoved (as I played more with him I found out I wa SOOOO SOOO wrong)

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, he bets $50, I call $50.

Check my analysis a few posts up on why I check/called here. I considered leading again but the Q froze me as I thought if I check/shove I only get called by better (KKK/QQQ) and he folds AA/AK since he loses to JJJ/QQQ/KKK/444/QJ/KJ/KQ....what I learned later is that this guy is a complete fish/station and would have snapcalled.

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I lead for $166 thinking I'm going to value town, he puts me in for $128 more and I call

He shows 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and rakes in the $832 pot.

Clearly I played the hand bad and should have had a clearer read on the guy but there is the butchery.

I just couldn't put him on that hand and I probably should have worried less about getting value out of AA/AK (I kept thinking what the best possible line would be to stack those two hands because honestly that's what I thought he had) and more about just taking the pot down or the fact that this fish is not folding anything.

Once again, too, I underestimated/overestimed how bad he was. I knew he wasn't good but clearly he wasn't folding aces no matter what board came.