View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Big fold with top pair and nfd

BB's lead into the field on that board looks pretty strong.

[ QUOTE ]
i'd call because of how you played flop and since A is a good bluff card for villain

[/ QUOTE ]

Jay said that BB was a nit. What hand is BB going to lead out into the field on this drawy board, that is then helped by the turn? Mayyyybe A9? Is it a nit calling preflop with that? I guess if its suited, with the few callers before him.

BB must be well aware of his image at the table. He cant expect Jay to put him on any hand that is helped by the A except A9s imo.

At the same time you dont really wanna stack off with just an Ace here. I dont think he is ever betting the turn AND betting the river as a bluff. I dont like calling turn AND calling river for this reason.

I think its safe to say that BB will give up on a blank river if you call the turn (if hes bluffing with some other combo draw or something, or a hand like TT/(JJ?) ).

So call turn/fold river.
Call turn value bet river if checked to (with just the ace)
and obv get the money in if you hit the nuts

edit: since SB is a random donk, im not too worried about him having a set. if it was some other nit who only calls from the blinds with small pairs, then i like the immediate fold on the turn since a turn c/r looks inevitable. since hes a donk hes probably got like 9T or something.