View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Assani\'s NFL Wagering Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Currently, he has been fudging both his W/L ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Pls to be substantiating this? I looked through all of Naj's posts in the Week 3 thread and it all looked legit to me. Where exactly did he "fudge"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, they have no trouble lying and repeating lies as long as it suits them.

I had 4, count 'em, four winners in last week's thread, let's see if I can remember them: AF, Troy, Utah, and USC. A whopping 2 on Saturday, let me count again....yep, still 2.
6 losers, including some awful picks: Miami, PSU, GT, AzzuST, ND, Wash.
[Predictions like UCF and Cal game that came true were not counted, of course.]

Now, unless there's a typo on one of my posts [always possible] that looks like a 4-6 week to me. A quick scan of that thread shows no other picks, either.

Obviously, if I've made an error, I will correct it. According to Iggy, my maths is right from last week as I suspected.
I'm sure in my 5 years posting here I've made some errors, math or otherwise, that could be pointed out. I post my picks free, have never asked anyone to follow me, and freely admit some part of my success comes from hitting the lines early, as opposed to WA-lines.
Maybe some people follow me, some do ask my opinion on these threads [maybe to fade!] and some PM me here and elsewhere similarly.

Regardless, the mark of a superior 'capper is not his W/L, until you get to very long-term you can't even know who's who - it's their prediction of line moves, BR mgmt, and how well they weight/Kelly predictions they feel strongest about. As well as their analysis of a matchup -- I don't provide analysis of all my picks, some are purely stat-based, but I have provided very lengthy analysis of several of my PoTY which many posters have said they appreciate, and certainly the result of such can't be changed in any way, shape or form.

What scares off n00bs from this forum is not me/Thremp/b00t asking a poster *not* to tout or guarantee picks, or making fun of I HAS A LOCKX!, but threads like these that are the most heavily trafficked threads on the front page. My two cents, anyway.