View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Bubble openpush from button with 79s: correct, or no?

I'd like to hear some more thoughts on this. My friend, who knows more about poker than I do, said that I definitely should be making this shove, and the big blind calling me with AQo when it was for most of his stack was bad. I just don't know. I'm sure I will get into this situation many more times. It seems like people on this site are calling shoves when they really shouldn't (people were saying to the K6o guy earlier, "good call", but I know that's not the case having read Bill Chen), so does that mean I should continue standard play and reap mutually assured destruction on our heads, or tighten up and never blind steal with junk because it won't work? With this few chips, it seems like I can't afford to wait for a much better spot, and yet there is value in sliding into the money... I'm confused. I need to hear more on this.

[ QUOTE ]
your M is over 4, so according to the charts you should push with 97s on the button against loose opponents with M=3.4

[/ QUOTE ]

Link to charts please. Could be that I haven't read the stickies thoroughly enough.