View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 08:55 AM

Default Re: David Sklansky is an ACist

[ QUOTE ]
What does it even mean to be an ACist?

[/ QUOTE ]

An ACist is essentially the same as a voluntaryist. From the voluntaryist (V for Voluntary) facebook group:

[ QUOTE ]
This group is for people who support voluntary human relationships in their ideas and also in their actions.

This group is not for people who are authoritarian either in their ideas or in their actions.

Frequent questions:
Q: If I vote, am I an authoritarian?
A: Most people who vote are authoritarians in their ideas (statists), however writing on a piece of paper is itself not an act of violent aggression. For example: anyone can declare war on a country but it really doesn't matter much. What matters is what you *do*.

Q: I support voluntary interactions in most cases, but I believe there are times when coercive force is justified, outside of direct self-defense. Am I a voluntaryist?
A: Voluntarism is a moral principle. Moral principles are universal statements. Either you support the principle universally or you can not be said to hold it. If you hold that violent aggression is justified in some cases then you are an authoritarian because you think that the moral principle does not exist!

[/ QUOTE ]
(I'd link this, but I'm not sure it's allowed)

Also, the Fundamentals of Voluntaryism
http://www.voluntaryist.com/fundamen...troduction.php