View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Re: JJ in interesting capped pot situation against 2+2er....

This is a tough hand. Don't forget we still have CO in this hand. Against the two of them on this flop the range is even smaller. So I don't think about calling here.

I don't want to continue and be sandwiched between two here. So I have a choice. CO I hope has missed doesn't want to be sandwiched himself and doesn't want to call two bets here knowing the cap can come back to him.

His range although larger that BB for the cold call, don't forget he posted is such that a flush draw is possible or AQ, A10s, KJs,QJs KQs,Q10 and of course AK. So in the interest of perhaps winning this pot for 1 bet on each street by catching lucky and getting this CO to fold. I think its a raise.

If I get raised by either coming back, I think its tough to continue. But if I get called by both of them here, I can easily still be behind but then I might get a free card on the turn.

If 2+2er is overthinking here, he will call the turn as well because he will try and trap for the check raise against two opponents, since he is sure I will raise the turn as well.

Since I plan on checking the turn unless its a Jack here, now it's up to CO to make his move. CO may do anything, but his move is what determines what I do next. If he checks it, then I have a shot on the river to win but if he bets and even if 2+2er calls I think its a fold unless I get a diamond.

So with those thoughts in mind..... Hero raises the flop.

Was my thinking here pure bunk or was there some merit here?