View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 05:15 AM

Default Re: FLO8 - Pre-flop play from Blinds

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Situation 1)

What's your preferred usual play?

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Rob. Yes your re-explanation makes situation 1 clear.

It would be highly dependent on what cards I thought the TAG player held.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bingo!

That's the exact point, and yesterday I got the impression noone cared about that.

A234 is much less strong, against a solid TAG exploiting a limping maniac. In my view, that player is much more likely to have AA2, A23, A3s than usual. A limp makes more sense with a Hi hand, and there's not value in playing trash, when the maniac's problems will be exacerbated in a multi-way pot, and reduced in a jammed pot pre-flop Heads Up or 3-way.

Finally as the Maniac failed to raise you know, he does not have an ALxx hand, probably has Trash but may be a Hi hand he didn't want to raise with.

As everyone else folded that makes AAWx much more likely, and furthermore, there's probably duplication of the 2 making counterfeiting of Nut Lo draw less likely.

As GrandmaD did, I checked my gut instinct through 2 Dimes, and as A234 is a drawing hand, and this TAG is good enough player to fold a Nut Lo draw rather than get quarted, your expectation is improved by flopping the big Lo draw + Wheel chances and then going to war.

There's no point in splitting the Lo pot with A2, which happens most of the time. And you have a very predictable, player on your left who can use to have counter-position on.

In the game, the TAG had AA2 so was in the best shape pre-flop.