View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: PPA Washington Fly-In October 22nd thru 24th

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that since affiliates benefit from only certain narrowly defined business models in the poker market, that their interests are only served by advancing such interests, and by blocking those of other players in the market. Since we as players want as many playing options as possible, our interests are harmed when such conflicted vested interests control an organization that supposedly represents us.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that most "affiliates" are also players right? I'm a rakeback and general poker affiliate, but I was a player long before that. What's funny is since my site is over 50% non-USA, I could still make a fine living without USA players. But I'm on this forum every day because I play poker, and I don't want to be told not to.

In my opinion, poker players, poker affiliates/marketers and poker sites all have the same goal. Legalized online poker. I'd also say most share the same motivation, that being 'making money from the online poker industry', though I'm sure there are some politically active losing players out there as well.

Why fight amongst ourselves? Is there some hidden motivation that makes an affiliate's desire to see online poker legalized, slimey?