View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Flopped Boat Hand

4/8 live. LP table for the most part. Scarmilglio was watching me play this hand(after he cashed nicely [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]) so he can comment if I mess anything up here at all.

Villain(BB) is younger guy who is losing,and playing too loose in general.

3 limpers to Hero on the BTn with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] who raises, SB calls, BB calls, others call as well. Seis ways

(11 Sbs) Flop comes 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] All check to hero who bets, SB folds, BB raises, rest fold to Hero who 3 bets, BB calls. HU

(8.5 BBs) Turn comes the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

(10.5 BBs) River comes the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB checks, Hero Bets, BB folds.

My PF raise-I had only been getting big cards for the most part and raising with them so this was a goot spot to throw in a PF raise on the BTn with a med pair IMO to mix it up a bit. I mix this hand up on the BTn now, sometimes raise, more often I call with it though.

Flop-Would I have been better off just calling the BB's flop C/R here and waited till the turn for him to bet so I could then raise him? Give him a chance to catch up a bit? Scarm & I chatted about the hand discreetly right after and were trying to figure out if just calling the C/R might have been a better play HU here to entice a bet on the turn from the BB. Then again he may have had a T and if the board paired I was up the creek, but he would have bet the turn if he had a T. I can count on 3 fingers the times I have slow played this year. Does this at all qualify to slow down just a bit after the flop C/R?

PS. Hope I am not posting too many hands lately and bothering anyone, but it is great way to learn. Please let me know