View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Will stars do anything about this? (cheater)

[ QUOTE ]
I posted "PokerStars say you can break their rules" a couple of weeks ago and got slaughtered by majority of posters.

This is blatent cheating and rule breaking. The people doing it should be reported and forfeit their money if they win. However, Stars will only warn them 1st time. So report it.

Why Stars cant make it clear that breaking their rules will result in loss of winnings I don't know. But criticise Stars at your peril here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got lambasted last time for your outrageous inflexiblity with respect to the issue, and your lack of knowledge as to how this type of an infraction has always been dealt with by poker rooms. It is an infraction, one which does not necessarily lead to the automatic disqualification from a tournament. You are aware that you can commit a crime for which the sentence is less than the death penalty, right? Well, this is a lot more like that.
A warning is appropriate.

It isn't collusion, and its unlikely to give the speaker a real advantage. I'm sure we can all come up with some nefarious and unlikely hypotheticals, but its most likely just inaprropriate table talk. And FWIW, few players would credit anything a player said in such a situation.