View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Cheating FTW in Scramble tourneys, but I didn\'t know about it

That's kinda LOL. I mean taking an extra mulligan here or there or using the "if it goes in it counts" rule on shots you don't plan to use* is one thing, but fudging EIGHT STROKES is quite another.

I've definitely been in groups that have taken liberties in hit-and-giggles AKA scrambles. The culprit is usually alcohol, we get a few drinks in us and it's like WTF who cares. One time many years ago we were fairly lit and really wanted to birdie the last hole, which was a par-3, but the first three of us missed. Well there was a guy stationed on the tee watching us, as it was a hole-in-one hole or something. So one of the guys had the bright idea that he would stand near the hole and if the fourth guy didn't make it, he would kick it in and we would have a fake celebration. He did, and we ended up winning by a stroke. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Not like the prizes were any good though, so it's not like we robbed anyone.

* 2+2 member TomE once told me of a time when he was playing in a scramble with a priest and they invoked that fraudulent rule, the priest was cool with it and they just went to the next tee. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]