View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: pocket eights, big pot

[ QUOTE ]
10-20 game with a 1/2 kill. This hand is a 1/2 kill, and an older man I have never played with before has to post 15 in middle position. This game has been super loose-passive, with maybe 1 other decent player, 2 weak-tight players, and 5 calling stations.
2 ep players limp, the next player raises (decent, raises alot of his hands preflop, more likely to raise with added dead money from the kill). The kill completes, the next player cold-calls, I have 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the cutoff and call(?). The big blind calls, and we see the flop 7-handed for 2 bets each.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Everyone checks including the preflop raiser to the old guy on the kill who bets, the next player folds, I?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise. There is one overcard to your pair and you might both knock out the other players and get a free card. Fold to turn bet if another broadway hits. Check behind if checked to unless you make a set. Call on river. It is a big pot. I think this is the best way to take a shot at it.