View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Thursday: A&M at Miami

WOW. I never would have thought this many people would have gone with my boys on this game.
The main reason that I believe that UM has a decent chance to cover in this game is the fact that Texas A&M's defense has been shown to have some holes in it against poor teams. They gave up over 400 yards against Montana State in their opener, and had to go into a couple OTs to beat Fresno State @ home. With that said Kyle Wright will have to learn how to step up in the pocket, take a hit, and complete some passes, as I believe A&M will load the box to play against our only offensive strengths in James and Cooper (avg 172yrds/gm against Marshall, OU, and FIU--only 54 yards combined against OU!)

Another fact/opinion (no stats)that gives the edge to A&M is the fact that the have a very mobile QB in McGee. If anyone has followed Miami in the past couple years, they know that most of the O's that gave us a lot of trouble used their QB to scramble at least twice a scoring drive..besides OU, they did anything they wanted to against us on offense.
Anyway, enough rambling, I'm not a handicapper..just couldnt stop typing. (PS I did put a small bet on the Canes, but only as a fan--I believe A&M has enough firepower to cover at the Orange Bowl)
GO CANES