View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: AA early in tournament - best way to proceed

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on if you want to go broke in the second level of a tournament, and every time he did this (4 times in the past 2 orbits) he had 2 pair or better - and had busted each player overplaying top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm going to go broke, this is when I want to do it, so I don't invest a ton of time just to go broke on the bubble. You might have felt you had a good read on this guy, but 90% of the time you're up against AK, KQ, KJ or some other weak hand especially if you're at a level where 10XBB raises get called with K2.

Also, if you want to be able to let go AA after the flop, then don't raise so much preflop. You've invested a lot in the hand just to let it go, so try to keep the raises more reasonable so you can let go with less sting.

In the early levels when a lot of 3X raises are getting called I raise 4-5X depending on position and then c-bet on the flop. I'm never folding to one all-in on a rainbow flop, if the board was monotone and I didn't have the right A and there was an all-in and a call in front of me, I can probably let go. Otherwise, call, say "nice hit, gl all" and load up another.