View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 12:47 PM

Default If it ain\'t broke, don\'t fix it. Let consumers decide, not regulators

"Rather than leave American consumers vulnerable in an unregulated marketplace..."

Excuse me while I puke. Where is this "need for consumer protection" arising ??? Where is the evidence that the market, especially in poker, doesn't provide for operator discipline ?

That "unregulated marketplace" built online gambling to what is is. Consumers would have NO choices to play online except for the entrepeneurs who created the market to meet their demands and desires.

The incidence of operator fraud, especially in poker, is pretty damn low. Show me a need for regulation by pointing to some facts, don't just lay down and politically spread your legs because you think it will please your opponents.

"Safe" "Secure" .... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As for your assertion about "compulsive" gambling: "This type of safeguard couldn’t be available anywhere else except for online.'

Nonsense, of course it can. New Jersey has such a provision. If you want to make it effective, just allow a self-excluded person to recover any losses post-exclusion from the venue which allows them to gamble on.