View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: here\'s a police brutality deal for real

[ QUOTE ]
have you even watched the video? I can only gather you haven't as you obv don't know what i'm even pointing out, and you clearly don't observe that at 1:41 he lunges forward, colliding with the officer.

If anything, its unclear who first initiated the force, was it the officers tackling him (AFTER the lunge), or did he knock the officer off balance when he ran into him.

the more i watch this video the less I think there was anything done wrong from a physical standpoint. If the officers had no reason to prevent him from going in that's one thing but the rev acted totally inappropriately starting at 1:39, it appears as though he's trying to bully his way past the officers, and perhaps resist what he thought was an attempt to restrain/handcuff him.

[/ QUOTE ]

well from what I see the police had their hands all over him and were pushing him away and he resisted. ok I agree with that. since the police initiated force I think it is up to them to explain their reasoning.

now if they had said "you are under arrest" first, then it would be different, but one moment they're talking and the next he's being manhandled. I mean, if you go into walmart and give the girl rings up your item twice, and you explain that she overcharged you, do you expect to be assualted if your conversation lasts more than 30 seconds?

also as far as the lunge, I mean if I'm pushing on your back and you stop I'm gonna push harder, that's probably why apparently lunged and bent over. irrelevant, but thats probably why.

personally I don't know why they have police doing the crowd/greeter function, they should have normal people for that and the police just get involved if things get out of hand.