View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: A5s: River raise?

Look at UTG's betting pattern in isolation. It is limp, bet out, bet out, bet out. Since it gets down to h/u, the question is simple. Are you more 2/3's likely to win the hand? You need to be more than 2/3's likely to win the hand because, if he caught a set or two pair, you will face a 3 bet. Also, there is the risk you won't get paid on your raise. If he has nothing, he just folds.

IMO, I think you have that 2/3's lead. Villian is most likely to have either zippo or a hand like JTo. I doubt he bets out AQs and didn't raise PF.

As to the peel on the flop. I think you have the odds. Even though you have players behind you, people do not tend to run away from crappy boards like this one. NO ONE is scared of this board. You have TWO BD draws and an Ace overcard. Those 3 options together offer enough support for ONE round. I know that if you were U/I on the turn, you would fold there.

I had the same kind of hand turn into runner-runner nut flush on a huge pot @HG and everyone was surprised that yours truly (the tight one) would "chase that all the way down." The truth was I had 2 BD's and 2 overcards in a huge multi-way pot. The turn hit our flush draws and then both you and I had the odds to see the river no matter what. So double BD's for 1 bet in larger pots = GO FOR IT, particularly on disconnected, weak boards.