View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Pot control or protection? Discuss this texture

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You gotta bet it man, check/folding a scary turn is too weak. While this board is not the best for AA, the villain has to know you have a strong hand to 3b then cbet that flop. If you are met with a large c/r, IMO it's +eV to muck. Most of the time though, I think you'll get a fold or get called down by a weaker hand, just play accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are contradicting yourself. When he "has to know" that I have a strong hand when I bet this flop, why would he call down with a weaker hand? And you need to consider stack sizes more. I will get 2:1 if he pushes which isn't bad, considering that he might play hit or miss with AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you are right about stack sizes, I didn't look. I'm in MCSE class on 2p2 all day =) i miss some things .... As for the contradiction, ummm, you don't think AK/KQ or worse puts all the $ in here and worse on certain ocassions? That's where I seem to make the most $ with AA, 3bet PF or not. Everyone wants to think their hands are good in a big pot. Consider the % of villains who are thinking (2p2, CR, PXF) players, it's a very small sample.

There will be PLENTY of times where a worse hand gets all their $ in.