View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Pot control or protection? Discuss this texture

I hate a check here for the exact reason you stated in the OP. "Many broadways have a draw" There is no way I let AQ draw to there straight for free. Also, if a person has AK here, you should be getting as much money in here as possible. Sure, you could be CR'd, and then you would have a fine idea of where you stand: beat. I think that checking here might keep the pot small, but I also think that it can lose the pot for you plenty of times.

Also, lets think about this; what does the villian put you on? You 3 bet the flop, so I would think that in many minds that is AA, KK, AK, QQ, and maybe 1010 and JJ. AA, KK, JJ, AK probably has his range crushed, so I think you could just take this pot down with a c-bet. This is a good thing imo because of the drawy board.

[ QUOTE ]
Why is this flop the right one to check and get closer to showdown? Or why is it the wrong one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think checking the flop to get closer to showdown is wrong because you are letting a villian who you have no read on with no solid 3-bet calling range in mind draw a free card on a very drawy broadway board.