View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: 10NL: AKs gets challenged preflop HU. What\'s your move?

[ QUOTE ]
I would tend to think that his range is wide until he has proven he will think on multiple levels.
I think a range of like 66+/AT+/KJ+ would be reasonable. That is pretty wide, but he could be doing this with SC's and lower PP's too so it gives you an idea.

So, it is just a matter of putting this range in poker stove and seeing how you do against it. You need a number higher than about 47%. I would tend to make the call here, but it probably is pretty close either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

you should probably spend some time with pokerstove

[ QUOTE ]
You've invested only 4bb in here and you can find a spot with more equity to put your money in.
My guess is his range here is 88+, AQ+ and I'd want more dead money in to make this call.

[/ QUOTE ]

burning money folding, plus you see more random Ax hands than AQ, and you crush them

[ QUOTE ]
See, thereīs two questions to answer:
a. is calling +EV? (if so, it wonīt be much.)
b. do you want to pay the price (very high variance) for that potential small EV gain?

[/ QUOTE ]

question 1 is what is his range
question 2 is what is my equity vs that range
question 3 is, is my equity higher than breakeven

[ QUOTE ]
Just in case you give up some +EV by folding, itīs not enough to get upset about.

[/ QUOTE ]

you could easily have $1.35 in equity edge which is about 7ptbb which is a lot to just give up