Thread: Top Chef 9/19
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Top Chef 9/19

Casey > Padma imo, this is in part factor on personality. Padma has an unfriendly intensity that I'm not feeling, whereas Casey just seems friendly and cool. Sara N. is still my fav though.

Thoughts:

I found this ep slightly boring. I actually wanted to see more about what they were cooking. I though the challenge was interesting, but I wanted to hear more about the technique. I'd like to think myself reasonably culinarily aware, but I had no idea what Casey's dish was supposed to be until too late.

Hung, still with a really unimaginative choice. This is just based off a little bit of reading, and a lot of Iron Chef, but Sous Vide (or however you spell it) feels played out. That said, it might have been a wise choice for the French Culinary context.

It felt like they telegraphed Sara's departure pretty strongly.

I think Dale's a little bitch wrt Hung. He's got some stupid expectations for how people should behave in a damn competition.

That one judge's nose was frankly out of control and needs to be stopped before it kills again.

Dale's whole "nothing is perfect the first time I make it" attitude makes sense, but it would seem like a "Top Chef" shouldn't have that problem, especially with chicken.