View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (Week of 9/17 - Poker At Its Best)

Gus' rant was terrific...when Negreanu and Lederer were acting like Tuan made a donk call, I was like "Get the **** out of here." Thank goodness for Gus pointing out the obvious - "I think that was the worst call ever", hah [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Tuan had to call with Kings full there. This is a short-handed game, and Howard could well have read Tuan as weak for whatever reason. There's much more uncertainty here than people are admitting.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah yeah yeah, discuss the hand all you want. No one on this board, I don't care who you are, is laying that hand down. Period.

Some would call right away, some would think about it hard and then call, some would reraise allin, but NO ONE WILL FOLD. Not 5% of the players here, not 1% of the players here. NO ONE. Case closed.

6 handed tourney, winner takes all, you simply can't wait for the unbeatable nuts to call a raise on the river. Great discipline from Tuan for not raising over the top, but no one is folding. Sorry guys. Hindsight is always 20-20.

[/ QUOTE ]
Quite true. Well I'm sure that someone here would have folded, I don't believe for a second anyone who says they would have.

It's easy to say how obvious Howard having KQ or KJ there was when you can see the hole cards, and see the hand's progress as it evolves. It would not be clear whatsoever if you weren't seeing them from the start of the hand.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't understand why Gus had thought he was beat by only two hands. Geeze, Any overpair? 78s? Any Ax/over 8? Seemed what he was trying to say was he had QQ and couldn't beat AA or KK.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I didn't really understand this either, and obviously neither did Daniel. My understanding was the same as yours - that he only put Daniel on Aces or Kings in terms of hands that beat him, and every other hand Daniel could have he beats. Which I didn't get his thought process here.