View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night Wednesday

[ QUOTE ]
On another note, why can't MMA fighters seem to be able to check leg kicks? They have become such a huge part of the game that defense should be mandatory before getting in the ring, yet in 3 different fights you saw one (or both) fighters teeing off with leg kicks and no defense offered by their opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been told it takes quite a bit of practice to get good at leg kicks, and as much or more to get used to checking them without getting pwned. Given that they aren't generally fighting against people with good leg kicks, it might not be worth their time to train it relative to other areas.

Sell took a ton of leg kicks from Quarry. If Quarry had been throwing them properly, Sell would have been toast by the end of the first round. See crocop vs Yoshida. Of course crocop has massive legs too.

It's too bad about Martin. We already know Leben isn't good enough to be a top contender, I was hoping that Martin would turn into a top middleweight. The Thomas/Florian fight was somewhat disappointing. I think they match up really well, if not for the injury.

In other news Cole Miller picked up a nice win.