Thread: Tourney info
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Tourney info

Ok in 6 tourneys out of a field of about 50 i'm averaging placing in the top 20% with finishes in 3th 4th 7th and 6th. So thats also a 66% at the final table. I'd like to thank all for the advice. I found sklansky's tips on when to play tight on the last table for the sake of moving up in places very valuable, but what I found very strategic was in Stud for advances the entire chapter about ante steals, because Ante steals in the later level make all the difference, and knowing which hands in relation to whihc position are the times to make the steal.

For ring games I play 5/10 so with a .50 ante the ante steal is a worthless play, and also why tighter play overall is more strategic and why "advanced" strategy worked against me by having me play more ahnds. However for a tourney with high ante the book as a whole is very valuable, like raising with a small pair with low kicker that are live, where as in 5/10 the hand is just folded. If I keep this pace I will play in the big one.

As far as draws go not only do I have to have three to a flush, but there has to be no more than one of that suit out since playing a draw can get expensive so I want to maximize the chance of hitting it. Also just because there is none out doesn't mean none are dead, whihc is more so why I want to see none of them out. Also I need a lot more than 5bb so that if the draw does not his im not short stacked, but i cant right off not drawing at all.

I think the most important facet was learning when to properly ante steal and of course the gap concept, if I'm not raising im not in, I'm not calling and where are starting with rolled up trips ina ring game I would slow play I would raise here.

If there seems to be any glaring red flags for my strategy please let me know.