View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Re: OK lets get this ball rolling (AP)

I was initially convinced that this was a BS conspiracy theory spun by bitter pros. After talking to other pros who played graycat, and analyzing my own hand histories with him, I am now convinced that cheating took place on AP.

I think the most likely explanation is as follows...

Graycat, DOUBLEDRAG, and Steamroller were able to see hole cards and used this ability to cheat.

(It is possible that the people behind this cheating are or were associated with the site, and that they used existing dormant accounts to cheat. That could explain severe differences in past and present records of these accounts.)

After cheating the pros, these accounts then dumped chips HU to accounts such as SUPERCARDM55, who played short sessions without cheating in order to make the accounts appear legitimate for the purposes of cashing out.

I would like to see a list of the other accounts that received the dumped chips. I saw an account named something like "PIRATE_PKR" playing DONKOFHOLDEM and calvinhobbes right after graycat, and I would like to know if this is a real player or an account related to the cheating.

In closing, it sucks that AP's negligence allowed this to happen. It also sucks that they have no motivation to admit that players were cheated. I am sure they feel that refunding the money to graycat's victims would permanently damage the reputation of the site. Still, I hope that we can make sure that the people involved in this graycat business are not allowed to keep the money. Perhaps Seifdonk should keep the money as his personal online BR; this would enable restitution in a less embarrassing manner.

-GoodEats