View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Weekly NFL thread?

I hereby propose that we create a weekly thread for requests to create weekly threads. It would help remove some of the clutter that is related to forum administration rather than the forum content itself.

In all seriousness, B00T, you make a strong case for thread consolidation. But like I said, until Performify mandates it, it isn't going to happen. Hell, even if he does, it probably won't happen. I agree that the forum would be much "cleaner," but part of me feels like the random crap threads are an acceptable cost of having threads on different topics.

If I'm away from the forum for a few days and come back looking for X vs. Y game discussion or Z's weekly prop bets, I don't want to have to wade through a multi-page thread about A, B, C, D, etc. just to get to X, Y, and Z.

To give you a more specific example, I've always been a fan of silentbob's weekly NFL prop threads (whether he's a proven winner or not), and I specifically look for that thread Sunday mornings or whenever. If I have to page through a bunch of crap to find his post, it's an inconvenience.

I don't know, there are good reasons on both sides of the argument. I'm just not fully convinced yet. I think we need structure, but not just "catch all" threads.