View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Quitting my crap job to grind 2/5+ live??

Most of these type of posts make me roll my eyes, but you sound like a legit candidate. You have the roll and an apparent realistic perspective of things. Staying social and working part time is clutch.

Throw in a little time playing online, mentally prepare yourself for break-even stretches and downswings, and continue to learn. If you are lucky, you will have your fun and still decide to go to grad school, ultimately enjoying the best of both worlds.

Mixing it up between the efficiency of online poker, and the social aspects of live play, is a great way to maintain your sanity. However, between the time spent in the poker rooms and behind the bar, I would seriously consider living alone. That should provide you with enough human contact. The unappetizing shenanigans involved with roommate situations are an unnecessary distraction.

Don't solicit advice from family members that don't know anything about poker. Their natural risk-averse attitudes, which are intended for what they think will be in your best interests, can neg you out. Just go for it and have a blast.