View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: PPA Washington Fly-In October 22nd thru 24th

[ QUOTE ]
Engineer,

While we all welcome your addition to the board, the MSPaint pic I posted in the other thread is on point. You will be a lone voice at a table full of affiliate farm and site reps. And one furthermore that doesn't risk the interests of the affiliate farms/CP mag ever being outvoted, since they added a friendly shill to the board in advance of your joining. The issue here is that real average joe poker players, whose interests the PPA *supposedly* serves, should have more such members as yourself who constitute a much greater part, and indeed even a majority of that board.

The bottom line and real issue is that the interests of affiliate farms dominate the PPA board and are determined to keep it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed my point. I wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I didn't join the board to not have a voice. This is very simple...as long as I'm on the board, PPA will address the needs of the American poker-playing community, as I'll have no reason to be on the board if they do not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying I'll leave the board if I feel PPA isn't serving the poker community. I'm not saying I'll huff and quit the first time I get outvoted, but I am saying they have to address the needs of the poker community for me to serve.

That shouldn't be a surprise...why else would I be there? My only goal is to advance online poker in America.

Anyway, these guys have come a long way in the past couple of months, and we have a big fight next year. I hope we'll all fight for our rights through Nov. 2008 and beyond.