View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Quitting my crap job to grind 2/5+ live??

Is this a good idea or not?

I'm 23 and just started a [censored] job close to Foxwoods. The job is going nowhere, the money is unimpressive, and I'm working 50 hours a week. I'm not getting out enough, not making enough money, and unclear on how I want to spend the rest of my life. Graduate skoool is likely in the future, but I'm not ready to commit to any field of study.

The good news:

I'm a successful 1/2 and 2/5 live player w/ 1000+ hours of experience. I've been going to Foxwoods 4-6 times a month, clearing over $1,500/mo. My game is tight and unsophisticated, and there is plenty of room for improvements/increased winrates.

My wish:

I've been imagining how much fun it would be to move to a B&M city (probably Vegas, LA, or AC) and split a house/apt with other like-minded degenerates. I would take on 2/5 for a living with an initial $15,000 bankroll, and improve my game through experience and discussions with my new roomies. I would play poker probably four days a week, and bartend 1-2 days a week for a change, and to stay social.

My question:

Is this a good idea? Will I go crazy grinding it out in a B&M for days on end? Am I not being realistic? And finally, is there anyone who feels similarly?