View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Official review thread, LearnedfromTV

[ QUOTE ]
6-max cash games are different from 6-max MTTs and there are a lot of situations where you need to push or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

This got me thinking, so I checked pokertracker.

Generally, I run at ~20/16-22/17 in six max cash. In this tournament I ran at 17/15. In two other six max tourneys I went deep in (a 55 and a 77), I was at 18/16 and 19/16. I don't want to get into detail about my opening ranges in the different positions in cash, but I looked at the position-by-position vpip/pfr stats and nearly all of the difference comes from BN and CO.

This makes some sense, because with 15ish BB effective the LP open raiser doesn't have position as a weapon against 3 betting, like he does in a cash game. Being OOP in threebet pots + the possibility of being 4bet discourages threebets in cash games relative to mtts, which allows you to open more liberally in late position in cash games. Also, being shallower means you can't flat call as often, past the early stages. On the other hand, there are antes in mtts.

So my 6max mtt vpip should be higher than it is. I think this all means I need to either raise/call more, raise/fold more, or resteal more. Probably all three. I mean, missing a few mathematically correct open shoves is one thing, but I don't think it's the main leak.