View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Assani\'s NFL Wagering Thread

another niners homer here wanting to chime in...

Willie Parker and the Steelers strength is actually inside running(despite his obvious speed to the outside). with the niners running the 3-4 without an experienced big fella in the middle to clog it up we are entirely vulnerable to that kind of run game. Against the Rams Bruce got open for passes of 37, 23, 22, and 27 yards in addition to the underneath stuff you mentioned. As far as us not getting beat deep all year, what is your criteria for deep? 2 ints in two games for our secondary is ok, but nothing to brag about i don't think. We do have some good speed in the LB corp and Clements is an excellent tackler on his side of the field, which is why I see Pitt pounding it up inside against us. We blitz a lot this year, and there have been numerous times where we were not in 2 deep coverage.... Did you see how many times we sent Nate last week? If we can't pass the ball against the Rams, why do you think we can against a traditionally strong defensive team like Pitt? I don't mean to just disagree with you, but rather enjoy hearing other perspectives.