View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 07:42 PM

Default From Broke to Baller and Back Again: Riding the Razor\'s Edge

So I decided to jump into the world that is Bodog depositing $500 on it (mostly for sports). However, I sat down @ the .5/1 NLHE6 game and ran it up to $1000 in a very short period of time. I decide to take some of the money and use it to play 2/3 NLHE6. Next thing I know im up to $4, 000 in 1 day. This is [censored] awesome.
Then I decide to sit down @ a 5/10 game. I win another $1 000. I am the [censored] [censored]. I own poker. I am a god. Now at this point my friends remind me that this is what I do. I play well over my bankroll, run it up and then lose it all. Alright, well i will try and cash out $750 so im gauranteed to be up money. Oh wait, bodog wont take the money out of my account and when i have almost all of my money on the table and only $500 in my account, they cancel my cashout. Well [censored] you bodog. Well i lose $1k, wtf is this, I don't lose money. I'll win it back @ 10/20 HU. Its 3am, im stoned and drunk. [censored] yeah, some guy gave me $2k and then I had a nice suck-out to get up to $5k in the session. Hellz yes, I'm up to $8 500 in the span of 3 days, but its 5am, i should to sleep. Now I am playing during the day and im playing 3/6 and 5/10. Next thing I know im back down to $4 500. Well [censored] me, im back to where i was before my awesome inebriated 4am run. Well its back ~1am and im high again so lets play some 3/6, 5/10. I'm doing alright. Gets to 5am, im up to $6 000 and im determined to get back to $8 000. BY 8am im back to $8 000 and going to sleep.
Well its today @ 11am and im awake. Alright, 3 hrs of sleep, its my roommate's bday, hes @ school, lets get some poker in. So I'm playing the usual big balla levels and w/o losing any major pots im down to $6500. It's alright, im still well up, everything will be ok, but ill keep playing. Back down to $4 500, are you serious? I mean how many times am I going to see-saw this [censored]. Well. I will play 10/20 HU against a good player because this is a very +EV decision. Well he is grinding me down for the most part. Then we get into a nice pot where we each have ~$2 750 in front. This guy is super-aggro, he raises to $60 on the btn, i decide to just call with 66. Flop comes Ks6s7s. I know that is will ALWAYS bet this, i check, he makes PSB ($120), i raise to $350, he calls. Turn comes Ah. Now, I'm pretty sure that if I check he will bet. I check, he bets $333 into $900, i raise to $1111, he goes ai, i call. He has Ts4s. River K. Im back in business with $6k. Now a couple of other people decide to finally join us. I'm getting ground down never winning a decent sized pot. Im down to $3500 overall. Wtf am I doing. Well alright, still +$3k, -$1k from before all of this retardedness. Just leave. BUt no, i stay to play. I raise with 78dd, this guy from HU calls me and someone else calls. FLop comes Th6c3c. Alright, GSD, I will c-bet this. I figre, and HU guy calls. turn comes Tx. I check, he bets $500, misclick min-raise to $1k, he just calls. River comes 2x. I shove $1700 into $2300, he thinks for a while and calls with JT. Suffice, to say, in the span of 5days or less. I have run $500 up to $8500 and then lost it all. I [censored] HATE MY LIFE AND WANT TO DIE!!!

This is like the 10000000000000x i have done this